Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Nocturnal Visions



The last few days, I have neglected creating any new SL fashions. I have ignored GingerDead, who in my mind is tugging impatiently on my leg. Instead, I took some time to explore photography and image manipulation in Photoshop. I enjoy photography, but haven't really ever made serious time for it. Lately, I have been watching my friend create interesting, artful compositions from his photos. Many times, the pics he uses are just random things he sees in his daily life and after applying various tools to them with Gimp, I believe, art is born. So, I owe my little detour from my usual creative outlets to him. (thanx muse :D)

After the initial experimentation at home with the first two images, I decided to go out in the really real world (eep!) and find some interesting backdrops and textures. I found myself at a small local cemetery on a gorgeous afternoon which was blissfully quiet and empty, snapping away without a care. Upon returning home and uploading the images I was pleased to find several that I could work with. I'm really loving the results. Perhaps, I'll do a little exhibition in SL.

To see the full gallery go to http://www.nocturnalthreads.com/visions.htm

I threw them into a flash template, so you'll need flash to view. If you don't have flash, you are nuts because it rocks, so downlooad the free player at www.macromedia.com

4 Comments:

Blogger GL said...

Totally awesome, of course. We want more musings, too!

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the photos and what you've done to them! Hope to be seeing an update soon ;-)

5:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your textures caught my eye and led me to your blog. There is a real spark of creative spirit in your images that was echoed in your writing. Thank you for not hiding that spirit.

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicely done, I love the mood of the photos. This is something I can never seem to do...

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home