Saturday, October 14, 2006

Lenoir's Spooky Find





I set lil Lenoir loose on the grid again tonight to see what she might dig up. :P

Entering a search for Haunted Houses turned up a number of choices but one creative title caught my eye: "A Lonely Night in October". I arrived in front of a cornfield maze with some of the coolest scarecrows I have seen in-world. I had to know where to get them and when I clicked to find the creator I saw a familiar name: Nebulosus Severine. Neb is a friend of mine and a fabulous designer (Numinous Designs) as well as an RL visual artist who exhibits regularly in SL. To my delight, I realized this was one of her pet projects and being she is so talented I knew I had stumbled on a great find.

An attempt to fly over the maze left me shaking my fist at Neb for turning off "fly" on the land. If you want to get to the house, you will have to get through the maze first. It isn't one of those insanely annoying mazes and I was soon through it and on to the Haunted House. The house is a work in progress, but to be honest some of the barren rooms with a single bare bulb hanging from the ceiling and a ghost floating about just added to the ambiance. One of my favorite details in the house are the windows. Neb used that box trick that makes it appear there is a scene unfolding outside. It's really awesome. The spider web's were also well done, thin and airy and not cartoonish like you often see in SL.

Clicking the bookshelf downstairs opens a doorway which leads to the more frightening area of the house. A crimson stained mattress lies on the floor, chains hang from the ceiling and the fountain spews blood. Having this room hidden beyond the rich antique wallpaper and plush sofa was a nice touch.

If you are a lover of the Samhain/Halloween season, a visit to Kress to see Neb's "A Lonely Night in October" is a must. Hang out and listen to the stream which played some great goth tunes as well some obscure audio sound bites while i was there. If Lenoir had a thumb she would be pointing it up right now. :P

Speaking of Lenoir, today's comic (gingerdead.com) featured one of my favorite drawings of her thus far. I like it so much I released a new tee and wristband set. See below. But first, check out the pics from Lenoir's adventures.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home