Thursday, October 19, 2006

GingerDead invades Patrick Grey :O

During the last week or so while I have been promoting the GingerDead and Friends webcomic, and discussing the eventual GingerDead build I would like to do, a name came up several times: Patrick Grey. I'm sorry to say I had not come across this webcomic before and was unaware of the neat downtown build in Second Life. After checking out the well-established comic (i loved it), I headed 'downtown'.

The build is designed to look just like the comic. Stark white buildings outlined with black lines surround you, leaving you with the strange sensation of standing inside of a pop-up book. The coffee shop offers a neat hand drawn cup of joe with a white whisp of steam. You can purchase a couple of tees there for a measly 5L (way to make me look bad, dude! :P), read the current week's comic (i have considered this but am undecided) and best of all you can purchase the first collection of 90 comics in an SL book for 500L. I recommend heading over to the Sawrey sim to check it out.

So, it appears I'm not the first webcomic to infiltrate SL. I had a similar approach to the GingerDead build in mind, and was relieved to see that mine will differ greatly than Patrick Grey's Downtown. I would have hated to scrap the vision. I'm actually rather excited to know the artist is an SL resident and hope to meet more webcomickers (yep i'm pretty sure that is a word) in the metaverse soon.

Of course, I couldn't visit without taking some pictures to share with my readers. If you know me at all you can guess that I had to bust out the GingerDead and Lenoir avies and invade the Patrick Grey comic! HOOOO! I got such a kick out of having my characters virtually traipse through another webcomic. It was totally surreal. GingerDead was a lil creeped out by the whole thing, but Lenoir loved it. Hopefully, GingerDead and Lenoir will meet Patrick face to face next time and take some pics together. Anywho, check out Patrick Grey's Downtown in Sawrrey and the awesome webcomic found here.


GingerDead's nerves are more rattled than usual
thanks to a double espresso shot at Patrick Grey's Coffee Shop


Lenoir looks on as GingerDead frets that Patrick may not find this amusing.

Gingerdead and Creator kaia Ennui

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home