Friday, December 29, 2006

Super Sad :(

Linden Labs CEO, Philip Rosedale has been quoted saying he is "super sad" in regard to some of the serious problems Second Life is experiencing. This inspired my creation of an emo superhero named Super Sad. Sometimes, laughter takes the edge off. I hope this will put a smile on some faces. The thought of emo super hero made me chuckle. Anyway, the t-shirt is available for FREE at Nocturnal Threads main store in Pimushe. You can also get a real life version in my online store along with more SL humorous apparel and GingerDead merchandise.

In case you are wondering, yes I sent Philip a tee in world today when I released it. I think he has a sense of humor and wont want to kick my virtual ass or anything. :)


OTHER NEWS:

For Christmas I received some things to keep my creative juices flowing. Clay, Sculpey, sculpting tools and acrylic paints in black, red and white (GingerDead colors) as well as a full version of ArtRage. The clay was given to me because I have been toying with the idea of doing some one of a kind GingerDead stuff. I guess I have no choice now. (thanks mom!) As for ArtRage, I've had the free version for some time but it is too damn limiting. Working with 'wet' digital paint and not being able to use layers is impossible. So now that I have the full version I'm trying to learn to really make use of this awesome program.

I did one airbrush style painting last week that I thought would be interesting on clothing. It worked out better than I expected. Today's release, Skull Graf is the result. If I can get better at digital drawing and painting, you will see more artwork on apparel from Nocturnal Threads.

Second Life has quite frankly been pretty damn awful lately. It has taken me two days just to get these two shirts created, boxed and up in my store. Needless to say, I'm super sad that the functionality of SL is slowing down my ability to release new items. I really hope they pull it together soon.

Keep an eye out on January 1st for an article about me in SL Business Magazine. I haven't read the article or seen the layout yet, but they seem really professional and I have a feeling it will be great.

As the year closes, let me take this opportunity to thank everyone who has been supportive. Nocturnal Threads customers, GingerDead fans, without you it would be pointless for me to continue. Thanks sincerely for buying my stuff, sending me encouraging messages about my designs and reading my webcomic. I plan to continue to put my heart and soul into everything I do and hope to keep improving. I hope your New Year is anything but super sad. :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home